Linda Vaughn (11 August 1943) is a famous personality who is better known as “The Miss Queen of the Atlanta International Raceway, and Miss Hurst Golden Shifter.
Her work as a promoter and brand ambassador of diverse forms of motor racing has been impressive to the world. Let’s find out about this young lady by studying her biography including her age, height, net worth, career, and more.
- Name: Linda Vaughn
- Birthplace: Dalton, Georgia United States
- Birthdate: August 11, 1943
- Age: 80 Years
- Religion: Christian
- Hair color: Blond
- Build: Endomorph
- Net worth: $1 million
- Height: 5 feet, 0.5 inches (1.54 m)
- Profession: Motor Racing
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Spouse: Billy Tidwell
- Marriage Date: 1972
- Nationality: American
Early Life of Linda Vaughn
Linda Vaughn was born on August 11 1943 in Dalton Georgia, United States under the sun sign of Leo to Mae Mullinax Vaughn Jeffcoat and Kenneth L Cork Jeffcoat.
She is of American Nationality and her ethnicity is white. She has four siblings namely: C.B Vaughn, Betty Miles, Shelia Franklin, and Shirley Brinkley. She is the youngest of them all.
She was very young when her mother got divorced so her mother did her upbringing as a single parent.
Linda Vaughn Age
Linda Vaughn is 80 years old as of 2023, as she was born on 11th August 1943. Her age reflects the incredible legacy she has built in the racing industry, where she became a symbol of grace and beauty alongside powerful racing machines.
Her enduring presence and contributions to the sport continue to be celebrated by fans and enthusiasts alike.
Linda was interested in dentistry in her early school days. Hence, she spent hours loitering in the local dentists’ lab after school.
Later on, she developed an interest in cars. Her first boyfriend owned an amazing turquoise and white 56 Chevrolet. After learning to drive, her passion for cars kept growing.
Then she developed an interest in beauty contests and she even won on several local grounds. She beat 199 finalist contestants to become Hurst performance Inc.
Moreover, in her early 80s, she was titled Miss Hurst Golden Shifter. Her job at every race in start was to kiss every winner of every race.
Since she was slim, beautiful, and had a shapely figure, she did this job very well.
Moreover, she was also involved in sponsoring several businesses as a model. Then she sold Hurst shifters all over the world that earning her millions of dollars.
Linda Vaughn Marriage Life
Linda tied the knot with her long-term boyfriend Billy Tidwell (who was a drag racer. in 1972. They met at the drag race event in Bakersfield in 1970. However, she chose not to have any kids. She once said in the media,
“I can’t say Billy Tidwell was an actual love of my life, but he’s the only man that I ever married. We were married for thirteen years and that’s a long enough sentence.
Vaughn admitted that Billy did not deserve any children from her. She says her sibling’s children are also hers.
“Still I’ve been blessed with a lot of children. My brothers and sisters kids are my kids. Mario’s kids, A.Js kids, Richards kids, the Allison’s kids, the Unser’s kids, they are all my kids. They all call me Aunty Linda. This is my family and I love them!
But Billy was not the only love of her life. Besides, Linda was related to many guys from a very young age. She was in love with another guy whose name was Bill Clark.
Unfortunately, Jim got killed in a motor racing in 1968 held in Germany.
More in Her Life
img source: facebook
The latest update about Linda is that Linda has contracted a rare form of cancer known as LMS. It occurs to only four in every 1 million women.
After her first diagnosis, she had tumor removal surgery but unfortunately, it relapsed. A doctor in Texas said she had anywhere from four months to two years to live. Since then, she has become a cancer fighter.
In 2016 she has also had a heart attack which robbed her of her boyfriend.
She appeared in the 1976 film The Gumball Rally as Emergency plan Alpha and a popular race queen of the period and in the 1983 film Stroker Ace.
There is a book written about her as the first lady of Motorsports which was co-written with Rob Kinnan, a former editor of Hot Rod magazine.
The story of this lady is intriguing yet astonishing, with Vaughn displaying honorable behavior, with the whole world. Her story might never end. Indeed, it shall go on.
Linda Vaughn Net worth
Linda’s estimated net worth is $1 million. She has earned a fortune working in the motor racing business.
She has a luxurious lifestyle and since she’s a car enthusiast, she probably owns her personal racing car. Although she has not revealed which brands of cars she prefers.
Linda Vaughn Facts
- She is 78 years old, born in Dalton, Georgia, and is of Christian faith with blonde hair and an endomorph build.
- Linda Vaughn’s net worth is $1 million, and she stands at a height of 5 feet, 0.5 inches (1.54 meters).
- She is a well-known figure in the world of motor racing, serving as a promoter and brand ambassador for various racing forms.
- Linda Vaughn grew up in Dalton, Georgia, as the youngest of five siblings, raised by her mother as a single parent.
- In her early years, Linda was interested in dentistry but later developed a passion for cars and beauty contests.
- She won the title of Miss Hurst Performance Inc. and was later named Miss Hurst Golden Shifter.
- Linda Vaughn was also a model who endorsed several businesses and sold Hurst shifters worldwide, earning her millions.
- She married drag racer Billy Tidwell in 1972 but chose not to have children. She considers her siblings’ children as her own.
- Linda Vaughn battled a rare form of cancer, LMS, and had a heart attack in 2016. Despite these challenges, she remains an iconic figure in motorsports, with an estimated net worth of $1 million.
Next to read: Who is Marika Gerrard