Josh Ramsay (born on 11 June 1980) is a famous Canadian songwriter, producer, recording engineer, and actor. He is the lead singer of a very successful band named Marianas Trench.
In this article, we learn all about Josh Ramsay, his age, height, net worth, wife, and some facts.
- Name: Josh Ramsay
- Birth Date: 11 June 1980
- Birth Place: Vancouver, Canada
- Age: 43 years old (in 2023)
- Net Worth: $6 Million
- Profession: Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Actor, Vocal coach
- School: Magee Secondary School
- Father: Miles Ramsay
- Mother: CarlynnHanney
- Sisters: Angela, Sara, Shelly, Shawn
- Marital Status: Married
- Marriage Date: 20 March 2020
- Wife: Amanda McEwan
- Nationality: Canadian
Who Is Josh Ramsay?
Josh Ramsay is a Canadian pop singer, songwriter, and lead singer of a very successful band named Marianas Trench. He had always been a music lover since he was a kid and growing up became a widely known popular singer.
Josh Ramsay faced some struggles in the early days of his career, but later on, made his debut in a band named Marianas Trench The naming of the band is one of the difficulties Ramsay faced.
The group signed under 604 Records, owned by Chad Kroeger of Nickelback, and Jonathan Simkin.
During the 2007 MMVAs, the band presented an award, they showed up on the TV show Kyle XY, and their debut album Fix Me’s song “Alibis” was also included in the soundtrack.
Shake Tramp’s video peaked at #1 on the Much Music Countdown and #1 on the iTunes Canada Digital Download. It was nominated for Video of the Year at the Juno Awards later that year.
Early Life of Josh Ramsay
Josh Ramsay was born to parents Miles Ramsay and Carlynn Hanney on June 11, 1980, in Vancouver, Canada.
He grew up there and attended Magee Secondary School, from which he was later expelled due to his heroin addiction problem.
Josh was surrounded by a musical family where his mother was a vocal teacher and his father owned a recording studio named Little Mountain Sound Studios. This explains his immense love for music from his early childhood till now.
Before his official debut, he started his solo career at age 14 which needed more support which lead him to join his sister Sara Ramsay and form the band Ramsay Fiction.
Josh Ramsay age
Josh Ramsay is 43 years old as of 2023, born on 11 June 1980.
He is a renowned Canadian songwriter, producer, recording engineer, and actor. Notably, he serves as the lead singer of the highly successful band, Marianas Trench, contributing to their musical accomplishments over the years.
Josh Ramsay Career
Ramsay made his official debut in 2001 in a band with his friends named Marianas Trench. The group went through many name suggestions before finally settling on this one.
Ramsay formed the band in 2001 and then later on in 2006 released their first official debut album Fix Me which was certified Gold in Canada.
Later on, the band in 2009 released their second studio album Masterpiece Theatre. The album was a huge success and was certified Platinum in Canada.
The band released their third album Ever After in 2011 which too was certified platinum in Canada and reached #8 in Canada and #5 on the US Heatseekers chart.
The band has had a huge success with their solo songs as well like, Say Anything, Decided to Break it, Shake Tramp, Cross My Heart, All to Myself, Beside You, Celebrity Status, Haven’t Had Enough, Fallout, and POP 101.
The band has been awarded many awards, including several MuchMuch Video Awards. Ramsay also joined the reality TV series The Next Star in 2010 as a vocal coach.
Josh Ramsay Wife Amanda McEwan
Josh Ramsay married Amanda McEwan. Josh announced about being married to her on his social media page on March 20, 2020.
His wife is an actress and he is a singer and together they make one talented and swoon-worthy couple.
He has not revealed anything about his personal life except for his marriage and his wife’s name. He seems secretive whenever it comes to his private life.
Also Read: Ryan Upchurch Biography and Singer Career
Josh Ramsay Net Worth
Josh Ramsay has an estimated net worth of $6 Million US Dollars. This amount has been calculated by keeping in mind his assets and many earning resources.
However, it is an estimation and he hasn’t revealed her assets.
He earns his money by being a successful musician, producer, songwriter, and vocal coach his popularity and success in all these professions have made him the owner of many large assets.
He may be earning from various other sources.
Also Read: Majo Aguilar Singer Biography
Social Media Appearance
Josh Ramsay is a famous musician and songwriter who is loved and followed by many people. His personality and music are seen and heard by many and hence earned him a major fan following.
His hard work is acknowledged by many fans all over the world and all this has made him a famous figure whose fan following is in the thousands. His social media stats in 2021 are as follows:
- Instagram – More than 60.5 thousand followers
- YouTube – More than 6.5 thousand subscribers and likes
- Twitter – More than 148.3 thousand followers and likes
Josh Ramsay Facts to Know
- Josh Ramsay is a Canadian pop singer and songwriter known for his role as the lead singer of the highly successful band Marianas Trench.
- He was born on June 11, 1980, in Vancouver, Canada.
- Josh Ramsay’s career began as a member of the band Marianas Trench in 2001. The band achieved significant success with albums like “Fix Me,” “Masterpiece Theatre,” and “Ever After.”
- Ramsay has also contributed to several solo songs and has worked as a vocal coach on the reality TV series “The Next Star.”
- He has received numerous awards, including MuchMusic Video Awards, and was nominated for a Grammy Award for Song of the Year for “Call Me Maybe,” which he co-wrote with Carly Rae Jepsen and Tavish Crowe.
- Josh Ramsay is known for his impressive vocal range, which spans up to the 5th octave.
- He married actress Amanda McEwan on March 20, 2020. They keep their personal life relatively private.
- Josh Ramsay’s estimated net worth is around $6 million, earned through his music career, songwriting, producing, and vocal coaching.
- He has a significant following on social media platforms, including Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Ramsay’s musical journey has been marked by his dedication to his craft and his ability to connect with fans through his music.
In an overall view, some lesser-known facts about Josh Ramsay are many a time looked after which shouldn’t happen at all a summary of them is written below.
Josh Ramsay is living with his wife Amanda. He has gathered a net worth of more than $6 Million US Dollars. He has thousands of followers on various social media platforms.
Josh as an individual has won several awards one of them being the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Director.
He had also been a nominee for the Grammys in the category for Song of the Year which he shared with Carly Rae Jepsen and Tavish Crowe for his song Call Me Maybe.
He started as a fairly standard, emo-tinged pop-punk tenor, but his voice matured greatly over time and now he can sing high notes till the 5th octave and has fairly good control over his tones.
I hope you loved reading his biography and life story. Let us know your experience by sharing your feedback with us.
Next Read: The Biography of Jeremy McKinnon