Taboo (born on 14 July 1975) real name is Jaime Luis Gomez. He changed his name to Taboo for his stage performance.
But in this article, we will discuss interesting facts about Taboo Rapper who was a member of the iconic pop group “Black Eyed Peas.”
In this article, we learn about the Taboo Rapper including his age, early life, net worth, wife and some facts related to him.
|Taboo Rapper Biography, Net Worth, Wife and Profile Summary|
|Birth Date||14 July 1975|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)|
|Net Worth||$15 million|
|Profession||Rapper and Actor|
|School||Rosemead High School, Richard Garvey Intermediate School|
|Children||Jimmy Jalen Gomez, Journey Gomez, and Joshua Gomez.|
|Marriage date||July 12, 2008|
Who is Taboo Rapper?
Taboo is an American rapper, songwriter, DJ, and actor, and also best known as a member of the famous musical group the “Black Eyed Peas”.
Taboo’s real name is Jaime Luis Gomez. He changed his name to Taboo for his stage performance.
Taboo is also very hard-working and passionate about singing. Since 1995, he has been active in the entertainment industry.
Taboo had a total net worth of 15 million US dollars which he earned from singing, acting, and many other sources.
Early Life of Taboo Rapper
Taboo was born on 14th July 1975 in Los Angeles, California, USA. His parents are both from Mexico. He completed his schooling at Rosemead High School and Richard Garvey Intermediate School.
He shares Shoshone heritage from his grandmother’s side.
In his childhood, he wanted to become a philanthropist but ended up gaining success in the field of singing.
Taboo Rapper Age, Height, and Physical Appearance
Taboo is 48 years old and is of American nationality. He is quite tall, having a height of 5 feet 10 inches. However, there is no information about his weight online.
Taboo has a huge fan following because of his killer looks, and dapper style, which is liked and appreciated by his fans worldwide.
Taboo Rapper Career
In 1995, Taboo became a member of the famous hip-hop group “Black Eyed Peas,” and other team members of this group were Will.i.am, Apl.de.ap, Mark Degraff, and Robert Byrne.
Today Taboo has a central role and is one of the fourth members of the group. In 1998, they released their first album, “Behind the Front,” and, after that, they gained significant success.
Then They launched many albums like “Joints and Jam,” “My Humps,” “Do Not Phunk With My Heart,” “Boom Boom Pow,” “I Gotta Feeling,” and “Monkey Bussiness,” which got certified platinum in the USA.
If we talk about his solo career, Taboo launched his first self-titled solo album in 2008, “and then he teamed up with many artists such as Shakira, Blu Cantrell, and Juanes.
He has even asserted that he has ideas to collaborate with many other artists in the future.
Taboo does not sing only for himself, but he has also written and sung for numerous films like Coach Carter”, “Legally Blonde,” “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle” and “Barbershop 2.
As we all know, Taboo is a multitalented guy; apart from singing, he also appeared as an actor for the first time in the movie “Cosmic Radio” in 2007 with other famous actors such as Michael Madsen, and Ricardo Antonio Chavira and other big names.
He also became a judge in a reality T.V show called “Top Pop Group” which aired on MTV.
Taboo published his first autobiography, “Fallin Up – My Story” in 2011, and he has also written the third volume of the Marvel Comics series “Werewolf by Night” in which he collaborated with Benjamin Jackendoff and Scot Eaton.
He also collaborated with a shoe brand JUMP and created new athletic shoes called Taboo Deltah 3008.
Taboo Rapper Wife
If we talk about his personal life, Taboo married Jaynie Dizon in Pasadena in 2008. He had two children from her wife and one child from his previous wife.
His kids’ names are Jimmy Jalen Gomez, Journey Gomez, and Joshua Gomez.
Taboo told in one of his interviews that in his youth, he had addictions to drugs and alcohol and was arrested for driving under the effect.
After he got free from jail, he got rid of all such kinds of activities and started creating awareness regarding the same things.
Taboo Rapper Net Worth
Taboo Rapper has a net worth of $15 million which he has gained during his lifetime with his dedication and talent.
As far as the other members of his group are concerned, only Hill’s net worth ($1 million) is less than Taboo’s.
On the other hand, Will.i.am has the highest net worth grossing $70 million, apl.de.ap has a net worth of $20, and Fergie’s net worth is $45 million.
Also Read: Isabel Pantoja Singer Biography
Taboo Rapper Facts to Know
- Taboo Rapper, whose real name is Jaime Luis Gomez, was born on July 14, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, USA. He is currently 48 years old.
- He is best known as a member of the iconic hip-hop group “Black Eyed Peas,” which he joined in 1995. The group includes other members like will.i.am, apl.de.ap, and Fergie.
- Taboo changed his name to Taboo for his stage performance, adopting it as his stage name.
- He attended Rosemead High School and Richard Garvey Intermediate School during his early education.
- Taboo has a net worth estimated at $15 million, which he has earned through his successful music career, solo projects, acting, and various business ventures.
- He is married to Jaymie Dizon, and the couple tied the knot on July 12, 2008. They have three children together: Jimmy Jalen Gomez, Journey Gomez, and Joshua Gomez.
- In addition to his music career, Taboo has ventured into acting and has appeared in movies like “Cosmic Radio” in 2007.
- Taboo has also been involved in philanthropic activities and has used his platform to raise awareness about drug addiction and recovery, drawing from his own experiences.
- He is known for his distinctive style and fashion sense, often incorporating elements of his Shoshone heritage into his attire.
- Taboo has authored his autobiography titled “Fallin Up – My Story,” providing insights into his life and career.
The Bottom Line
Taboo Rapper became what he is today by immense hard work and of course, his unmatched talent.
He is one of the most cherished members of his band, and he continues to win hearts even today.
With his immense hard work, he has managed to gain a net worth of a whopping $15 million.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and got to know about Taboo’s life, his achievement, net worth, and a few interesting facts about him.
Next Read: Yolandi Visser Singer Biography