Teniya Morant (born on 16 February 2005) is the younger sister of NBA standout Ja Morant, who plays for the Memphis Grizzlies. She is on the path to becoming a skilled basketball player, just like her brother Ja. Ja Morant is a professional basketball player with the National Basketball Association’s Memphis Grizzlies (NBA).
He was a first-team All-American as a sophomore in college basketball with the Murray State Racers in 2019. The famous professional basketball player has an adorable sister. She is the apple of Ja Morant.
In this article, we are going to read about Teniya Morant’s adorable life story including her life with her brother Ja Morant and her career.
|Teniya Morant Profile Summary|
|Birth Date||16 February 2005|
|Birth Place||Dalzell, South Carolina|
|Age||18 Years Old|
|Height||5 Feet 7 Inches|
|Net Worth||$11 million|
Who is Teniya Morant?
Teniya Morant is a rising basketball player and is the younger sister of NBA star Ja Morant, playing for the Memphis Grizzlies.
Ja and Teniya have a tight relationship. Ja gave his sister the car she had always wanted—a white Jeep Wrangler—on Valentine’s Day in 2022 as an early birthday present.
Her brother posted the video of Teniya’s response to it on his Instagram page. The best basketball player there is Teniya, and she doesn’t just play for fun.
She claims that she takes playing basketball extremely seriously and that she practices diligently every day to compete with her brother.
Early Life of Teniya Morant
Teniya Morant was born on 16th February 2005 and is 17 years of age as of 2022. She was born in Dalzell, South Carolina, United States, and holds American nationality.
Teniya observed her brother and father hard at work every day in the specially constructed court on their patio. Her brother’s extensive, extended, and meticulous preparation helped him develop into a basketball whiz.
Right now, it appears like Tee is occupied with his upcoming plan to turn his girlfriend Teniya into yet another b-ball genius.
Ja, Teniya’s brother, and Teniya enjoy a close bond. On Valentine’s Day 2022, Ja got his sister a white Jeep Wrangler as an early birthday gift. It was supposedly the car she had always wanted.
Ja shared the excellent response video made by her sister on his Instagram page. Her response was a clear indication of how content and at home she was.
Talking about Teniya’s parents, her father is Tee Morant and her mother is Jamie Morant.
Her father was a high school friend of Ray Allen and played basketball for Claflin University, while her mother was a point guard in high school and a softball player in college.
Tee Morant, her father, pondered playing professional baseball abroad after playing semi-professionally.
However, Teniya gave up his basketball career and stayed at home, becoming a barber in response to his mother becoming pregnant with Ja, Teniya’s brother.
Teniya Morant Age, Height and Physical Appearance
As of 2023, Teniya Morant is 18 years old.
Her age signifies her role as the sibling of an accomplished athlete and her journey as a young adult.
She is an adorable and charming young personality with a height of 5 feet 7 inches. She has black wavy hair and a glowing dusky complexion.
Teniya Morant Career
Teniya Morant aims to participate in the WNBA by becoming a professional basketball player like her brother.
She tries to compete against the boys from Houston High School, where she goes, in an open gym.
Teniya asserted, “If I can beat a boy, I can certainly beat a girl.” “Some girls just enjoy shooting hoops. I’m a serious basketball fan.”
Teniya’s father thought she was simpler to train when she was little than her brother. Regarding his daughter, Tee said, “She would be out in the back working with Ja, but they would take things differently.”
“If I get upset with Ja, he’ll go tell his mother, Jamie, about me. Teniya would say, “Man, whatever.” She would consume hers and dismiss it. Ja kept it for a minute “.
Teniya asserted that, in contrast to Ja, she can positively take her father’s criticism. She was awaiting scholarship offers from many colleges as a junior.
When it comes to wondering when scholarship offers or increased interest are going to arrive, it almost has the same Ja effect, according to Tee, who spoke to ABC24.
“However, I advised her that you must put in the same amount of effort. It’ll manifest “.
Teniya’s father decided to train her instead of keeping her on her high school team at the end of January 2022 since he didn’t notice any improvement in her play.
She felt ignored by her coach at school since he was preoccupied with their son. She no longer enjoyed playing school games.
Teniya admitted, “I wasn’t going to lie, I was starting to lose love for the game of playing school ball. “With what was happening there, I thought there was no hope for me.”
“However, he, my mother, and my brother. They all affirm that I am capable of achieving my goals. I just need to get to work. They understand what’s best “.
Teniya Morant Boyfriend
Teniya Morant is indeed dating someone. She shared several photos of herself and the boy she was dating from their prom day on April 24, 2023.
They looked cute together because they were both wearing blue, holding hands, and her lover kissed her on the forehead. She kept her man’s name a secret by not tagging him in the post.
Teniya Morant Net Worth
Since Teniya is still growing in her career and has to rise to a certain extent to have a defined net worth.
Her brother Ja Morant has established a net worth of $11 million approximately as of 2023.
Also Read: Who is Kevin James’ Sister Leslie Knipfing?
Teniya Morant Facts to Know
- Teniya Morant is the younger sister of NBA star Ja Morant, who plays for the Memphis Grizzlies. She shares a close bond with her brother and has a promising basketball career.
- She was born on February 16, 2005, in Dalzell, South Carolina, making her 17 years old as of 2022.
- Teniya’s parents are Tee Morant and Jamie Morant. Her father played basketball for Claflin University, while her mother was a high school point guard and college softball player.
- She enjoys a strong relationship with her brother Ja Morant, who surprised her with a white Jeep Wrangler as an early birthday gift on Valentine’s Day in 2022.
- Teniya aspires to become a professional basketball player in the WNBA and takes her basketball career seriously.
- Her father, Tee Morant, has been actively involved in her basketball training and coaching.
- Teniya stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches and has black wavy hair and a dusky complexion.
- She is focused on improving her basketball skills and has received interest from colleges, awaiting scholarship offers.
- In January 2022, her father took over her training instead of having her on her high school team due to concerns about her development and her experiences with her school team.
- Teniya Morant is in a relationship with her boyfriend, as evident from her prom day photos shared on April 24, 2023.
- While her net worth is not defined as she is still early in her career, her brother Ja Morant has an estimated net worth of approximately $11 million as of 2023.
Thank you for reading this article about Teniya Morant. Please share your valuable thoughts in the below comment section.